We just upgraded our JIRA environment to 7.11, which I was excited for because of the new Archive functionality.
This morning I logged into JIRA, with the official Atlassian document for how to use the new Archive method opened in another window, and went to start cleaning out the project list that is so horribly out of control right now.
Unfortunately, no matter how I go about it, the “Archive” option is not showing up in the *** menu under actions in the Project section. I have admin rights, made sure to log in for the access, but the option never appeared. I had the official Software Admin try with his general user account, and his system admin account, both of which did not get the archive option, either.
I have not found anything here in the community about this issue yet. Hopefully someone can help me figure this out? Are we supposed to enable the archive option within the JIRA settings before it becomes available in the project screen? Is there a line of code that needs to be added on the server side in a config file?
Thank you in advance for your help with this.