Hello,
I already read the article "How do I pre-populate text to a description field on JIRA Cloud version 7.x?" but still got some questions.
First I tracked the way, how fields are bound to projects. The seem to be two ways:
1. Fields -> Masks + Issue (like create, edit...) -> Screen Schemes + ISSUE TYPE -> Screen Scheme for Issue Types -> Project
2. Fields -> Masks -> Fieldkonfiguration + ISSUE TYPE -> Field Configuration Scheme -> Project
So there are two different ways of how a Field is connected with an issue type and later to the same project.
Isn't it possible, that a field is connected on the one way with one issue type and on a second way with another issue type but to the same project?
Wouldn't they interfere with each other?
But my primary question is, what is the easiest way (without creating completely new schemes and all that stuff) to have a text appear as default in a discription field of a new issue or a single issue type in a specific project.
Example:
I created a new workflow and a new dedicated workflow scheme for it. In this scheme there are four issue types, just the Story-type of them belongs to the self-created workflow. This workflow scheme is related to a specific project.
When creating a new issue of type Story in this project, I want the discription field to have a default text pre-populated. How do this works?