Hi all,
I created a new repo on bitbucket, and wanted to add files from an existing local project directory. So in the local project directory, I "git init"-ed to make the repo, "git add"-ed the files I want to track, and "git commit"-ed the changes.
Then I "git remote add origin git@bitbucket.org:xxxxx/yyyyy.git" in the local dir (where xxxxxxx/yyyyyy is my username/reponame on bitbucket and was copied straight from bitbucket), and pushed ("git push origin master") to have the local files I added/committed start being tracked in the remote repo. The messages by git along the way were standard and I thought everything was working.
However, when I went on to bitbucket, the names of the subdirectories that some of the files I added were displayed, but whenever I click on them the actual files I added aren't inside and "That file or directory doesn’t exist. Go back to the previous page and try another one." is displayed. This has been persisting for a while and I have already quit my browser and reopened, etc. Any ideas as to why this is and what I can do? Thanks!