Hello,
I've searched the DB a couple of hours without finding the answer for this specific problem.
Setup
I have a lot of epics (200+) that are sorted by Rank.
They all have tasks and bugs that have similar components. (Gameplay, AI, LD, TechLD, etc)
I'd like to have a query that displays all tasks ordered by Epic Rank, then by task priority.
Format (for ease of use)
- Let's say Epics are named E1 to E100
- Let's say Tasks are named E1-T1 to E1-T10.
Ex Detailed Format
E1
- E1-T1
- E1-T2
...
- E1-T10
_________________________________
E2
- E2-T1
...
- E2-T10
...
etc
The result of the query I'd like is this:
E1-T1
...
E1-T10
E2-T1
...
E2-T10
etc
Then I could use RICH filters to select status, component etc or do all sorts of funky stats or to know in the list of epic priority, what are the highest priority by component across epics.
I've tried using issuesInEpics with no success since if I order by Epics by Epic Rank, the query only checks if tasks are in the list of epics but does not display them in the order of epic ranks.
If I order by task rank, the display is not ordered by Epic Rank as these are separate ordering.
So, is this possible and if so, how do I proceed?
We also tried having an "EpicRank" field in tasks so that tasks that have and EpicLink have the EpicRank information but that didn't seem to do the trick either.
Thanks,
Rax