I just setup the confluence datacenter on one server, its working fine. Now I need to add 2nd node to cluster. I have looked at all the steps on your website and it makes no sense to me. Do I need to install the application on the 2nd node 1st and then copy the install and local home directory from 1st node afterwards or do I just copy the folders from 1st node and some how start up the applications on 2nd node. Your instructions seems to miss a lot of steps, sorry if I should be aware, this is my 1st time working confluence. This is all running on windows 2016 servers. Also where are the windows instructions to install Synchrony in datacenter cluster? I will install syncrony on same nodes as confluence. I opened a ticket with attlasin, but i'm not sure support actually exist...
here are the steps that make no sense.
Add more Confluence nodes
4. Copy Confluence to second node
To copy Confluence to the second node:
Shut down Confluence on node 1
Shut down your application server on node 2, or stop it automatically loading web applications
Copy the installation directory from node 1 to node 2
Copy the local home directory from node 1 to node 2
If the file path of the local home directory is not the same on nodes 1 and 2 you'll need to update the <installation directory>/confluence/WEB-INF/classes/confluence-init.properties file on node 2 to point to the correct location.
Copying the local home directory ensures the Confluence search index, the database and cluster configuration, and any other settings are copied to node 2.