Hello,
I am attempting to run Confluence in a freshly created Linux container (lxc) on a Quad-Core i7 machine, 8GB of RAM with hardware that has been running for years without issue. OS is Debian Stretch, kernel 4.9.0-6, all the latest updates, etc.
I create a new Linux container, install PostgreSQL and then invoke the Confluence installer. After installation is done, I access the default site on :8090 , the installer gets to the point (after creating the admin account) that it asks to create a Space.
As soon as I put a name in and hit create, the machine hard-locks. I've deleted the Linux container and started from scratch several times and the results are reproducible.
The container is not running any other services and when doing the install, there's nothing else running in the background. I even modified setenv.sh to -Xms4096m -Xmx4096m on a subsequent setup, with no difference.