We have duplicate issue numbers generated for new service desk issues. Can issues have new numbers assigned to them without deleting all the issues in a project?
We wound up having to create an XML backup of Jira, spun up a new application and database server, and imported from the XML backup, then copied over attachments and avatars
How are you generating these duplicates? What do they look like, and how do you get to them?
These are issues generated from the service desk customer portal by service desk customers
We have email and Slack alerts, and I'm noticing some issues have the same key, and so I can't open the first issue generated with that key when I'm in the project associated with that service desk
Problem is, Jira physically can't create duplicates, the database is structured to prevent it, as well as the code.
So we need to track down how they are being created, how they are identified and how they appear in your system
I did an export of the issues in that service desk to a CSV, and it looks like issues with duplicate issue keys have different issue IDs
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.