How do I create a list of all required fields per each state transition from creation all the way to closed?
Nothing is built in to JIRA to do that. Out of the box required fields, except resolution, are set to required in the field configuration and required at create time. Resolution is required whenever it is presented on the screen. That is why you should NEVER show it on a screen except during a transition where you want it set. Some plugins, like JIRA Suite Utilities, allow you to require fields during a transition.
If you don't have a plugin you can inspect the field configuration for each issue type. If you have plugins you'd have to figure out how it is flagging the field as required in the xml code and look for it.
When I create workflows I document them and note required fields. This is a good practice to get into to help train users.
Thank you for your response!
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.