Hi,
My HR team would like to manage/communicate with people who apply for a job in our company using Jira Core project.
The idea is when candidate sent résumé (CV) to our HR email (e.g. jobs@ourcompany.com) the issue in Jira Core is created and HR staff is able to communicate with candidate through this issue. It could look like this:
- Candidate sends email with CV to jobs@ourcompany.com.
- HR staff can see that ticket in Jira is created.
- Candidate receives notification that his email was received and the ticket was created.
- HR staff can add public comment to that ticket.
- Candidate receives that comment in email and is able to reply using email.
- Candidate reply is added to that ticket comments that HR staff can read it and reply to it.
- and so one...
What I have done so far:
- Created project in Jira Core where only HR staff has access.
- Configured email handler to create issues from emails. Issues are correctly created in HR Jira Core project.
The problems/questions I have:
- Sender is not received notifications about issue creation and comment. When sender don't have account in our Jira the notification is not sent. The only situation when notification is sent and received is when user has account in Jira. I don't want to create accounts for people I don't know. Is there a way to communicate with external users when HR team is using Jira and candidate reply via email?
- Is there a way to set external user (candidate) as a Issue Reporter without create Jira Core account for him? Right now in email handler I have to configure Default Reporter (from within our organization - HR team). Even if I set permission to create tickets for reporter.
Is it possible to work in Jira Core the way I described above?
Regards
--
Seweryn