Hi,
How can I create pagerduty alert for P0 or P1 service desk ticket? Is there any scripts which I can map with my service desk project or for testing how can I achieve this?
Thanks.
Hello,
You'll need to use Jira's webhook feature. On the PagerDuty side, you'll create a service/integration webhook URL that Jira will use.
With the URL, on Jira go to System > Webhooks, click on "Create a WebHook", insert the URL, then on the events section you can specify which event will trigger the webhook.
In your case, you should select "issue.created" and also insert a JQL query to filter only tickets of priority 1 and 2('priority in (L1, L2)').
Check this documentation about integrating Jira Service Desk with PagerDuty:
JIRA Integration Guide
Also, here's Atlassian's documentation regarding webhooks in case you need more specific information about it.
Webhooks
Kind regards,Maurício Karas
Thank you so much for your reply. Can I make this applicable for all project uses support type issue schemes?
OR If i want to handle for multiple projects with multiple pagerduty schedules, do i need to have any script in place? or in which case I need to use script based triggers?
You can create multiple webhooks, use different triggers and different JQL queries for each one. You can filter specific projects and specific issue types using the JQL query.
You'll need a different URL from PagerDuty to use on each Webhook you created on Jira.
I don't have much knowledge on the PagerDuty side, but for example, let's say you have two projects in Jira, you can create two webhooks, filter each one with a JQL query('project = "project A"' and 'project = "project B"' ). Then, I believe in the PagerDuty side you should be able to create two different services, each one with a different URL, then put those URLs one in each webhook.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.