Hi,
I was wondering if there's any way to add additional field in the release page?
Thanks,
Olive
It's not possible without writing custom code in a plugin really.
Oops.....
Thank you, Steven!
No worries.
I guess you were wondering if you could add 'custom fields' to Versions. The answer is no, it's not really possible. Custom Fields can only be added to issues -- Nothing else has that ability.
If you were looking for custom plugin advice, you should create a new database table and store the Version ID as well as the custom field you want. Then I'd advise writing a Web Panel plugin module, to render the new 'Versions' page. You could use logic to 'create' a new version AND your custom field. Then your 'web panel' can SHOW both at the same time.
Obviously, there would be some overhead in 'replacing' the screen like this.
Hello. This would be a great feature! Adding a field with internal information value to the release. fingers crossed!
That would be an excellent feature. We could add Bussiness Impact, Release Notes, Branch, Tags, etc.
Im looking for the same thing. Any update on this ?
Hello,
As already stated, currently, Jira doesn't have a built-in feature with this functionality.
We, from Atlassian Team, constantly work to improve your experience with Atlassian Products, and I’ve noticed that there’s some traction regarding this request, not only in this specific thread.
That being said, I took the liberty to raise a feature request for this functionality, as we can check on JSWSERVER-21245.
So, I highly encourage you to add yourself as a watcher to follow up on its progress and provide any feedback you might have on the comment section (make sure you're logged in to the system). This helps in understanding the impact that it might be causing to you and other customers. On top of that, it creates a path of communication between all impacted customers with our developers and product managers.
You can always create feature suggestions, or vote, watch, and comment on existing suggestions, at [https://jira.atlassian.com/].
Is there a similar feature request for Jira Cloud?
+1 for this feature. I need Components, due date, story points, estimate to be added in the Release list.
+1 for this feature as well
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.