Hi, I'm looking for clarification around the Using the Jira Power Up documentation, with regards to connections being made to an on-premise JIRA instance. The documentation states that
However, please be aware that your Jira Server has to be accessible on the public internet and not be behind SSO.
I'm currently investigating the feasibility of having this functionality installed at my workplace, where we are using the on premise versions of both. The technical team have asked me what is meant by the above statement. We use Crowd at present for authentication into our JIRA and Confluence instances, and are looking to move to AD as part of an upgrade to the data centre versions. Is this what is meant by SSO? Doe it only mean that JIRA can't be behind a firewall? I've been looking for some technical documentation on this and haven't found anything beyond 'configure this and that and voila! it will work'.
Thanks,
Sandra Wheeler.