Can I change the default priority of new issues created through the Customer Portal? By default all the new issues are 'Medium' prioritized. Is it possible to change that? Is configurable per Service Desk or is it a global setting?
Regards
Rik
Hi Rik,
Please take a look on this article to see how to change the default priority.
-- Arthur Gonçalves
Yes. You can change the global settings.
or
if you want to change for a particular workflow just do the following:
Add a 'Update Issue Field' post function to the 'create' transition.
Make sure to add this post function to the number 1 spot - before the issue is created. :
example:
The following will be processed after the transition occurs
I overlooked that section
IN Jira Service Desk I have found a way to set the Issue Priority default value (not the default set of values) when customer submits the value. That is done via Service Desk >> (your specific service desk) >> Settings >> (your Request Type of choice) >> Edit FieldsAdd field "Priority" and submitted when issue is created as a hidden field. In that case JIra SD asks for a default value.My following question. Is it possible to make this happen - the preset value/default value is shown if you chose to create an issue independent of issue type directly from JIRA (outside of JIRA SD)?
That is via the create screen in JIRA Screen scheme for current SD JIra project.
Log on as an administrator.
Find the admin part and issue section,you can find "Priorities" under "Issue Attributes",then set default priority you want.
Genius !
This solution has to by integrated on the Atlassian doc
Thank you Adrian
Thx for the answer. To push this further can I set this default priority for just jiras in one specific project or to specific jira types within a project? so not to affect the priority on other jiras of other projects ?
I have this same question. Can I change the default priority based on issue type?
hmmm... tricky.
How about using Behaviour? You can set a behavior to run only on a specific Project and Issue type. Then you can limit which Priority Options that can be used for that specific issue type. In my example below If issue type is "bug" the only priorities in the drop down menu are "low and "High".
1. Create a new behavior
2. Select the Project(s) and Issue Type(s) impacted
3. Create Initializer script:
import com.atlassian.jira.component.ComponentAccessorimport com.atlassian.sal.api.user.UserManager
import static com.atlassian.jira.issue.IssueFieldConstants.PRIORITYdef constantsManager = ComponentAccessor.getConstantsManager()
def userUtil = ComponentAccessor.getUserUtil()log.debug ComponentAccessor.getComponent(UserManager)
def currentUser = ComponentAccessor.getJiraAuthenticationContext().getLoggedInUser();
def allowedPriorities = [:];//limit priority to priority low and high. ***Check the priority id on your instancedef priorities = [10, 11];for(int i=0; i<priorities.size(); i++){def object = constantsManager.getPriorityObject(priorities[i].toString());allowedPriorities.put(object.id, object.name);}
getFieldById(PRIORITY).setFieldOptions(allowedPriorities)
Arthur, can you quote the relevant section?
The only reference to "default" that I see in that page is this:
JIRA applications come with a set of default priorities
Thank you for your detailled response. Unfortunately I'm not a developer... more a user so not sure what to do with the code you provided.
@Arthur Gonçalves maybe the article is changed? I can't find that either.
This is a great piece of information thanks for sharing!
this is good but it will also force the priority set in the post function even if the user sets the value. Is there a way to only use the set value if the user doesnt set it themselves .. on workflow by workflow basis rather than for all workflows via the global setting
For next-gen projects;
In the 'Edit priority scheme' screen (Administration -> Issues -> Priority schemes), there is an option called 'Default priority'. Be aware that you cannot edit the default priority scheme, so you will need to copy it or create a new one.
I do not see Priority schemes as an option....
I am an admin please help.
In the server version -
Go to Project Settings, Select Summary. If you go all the way down, you should be able to see the Priorities and the Priority Scheme associated with your project
For Cloud "Classic" projects..
Hi @Ali Altiparmak
According to the method you provided, I did not find the option of priority, I only saw the corresponding workflow and domain in the corresponding problem, can you tell me in detail how to find the default priority you said
Hi @Young.Zhao
Can you tell me where to set the problem properties, I do not find the specific Settings screen
Hi @Bart Lamberigts
Many projects in our system use the "default priority scheme". When creating issue before, the default was "Medium". A few days ago, when colleagues gave feedback on creating issue, the default was "Blocker". It is indicated that the "default priority scheme" cannot be changed, and no modification permission is displayed during operation. Then what is the cause of our problem? Do you have relevant solutions, thank you
Hi Arno,Look at this wider SS, I hope it works for you. (jira cloud)
@Ali Altiparmak
Thank you for your reply
This seems to be the cloud version, we are currently using the server version, there is no corresponding interface, thank you for your help
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.