Hi, I am new and I am evaluating Confluence as a wiki for our small company (about 50 employees).
I already created some spaces and pages and the general architecture of Confluence fits my needs.
But I have the following questions:
1) If I can't find something I need out-of-the-box, the only solution would be to program in Java for the Atlassian SDK? I need for example some "cliend side code", for example a table that has sortable columns (when you click on a column header, the table's rows are reordered), or a search box that filters out column row. Does this require lot of efforts?
If I want to create a form, users will click and then I process the inputs.... do I need lot of efforts into atlassian sdk??
2) Can I add "normal Java code" for a page, or anything must be "caged" into Confluence architecture/framework of "pages"? For example: a jsp page that outputs "<p>hello world , it's + $DateTime</p>" ??
I saw that I need to download a macro just to change the font.
Do I need a macro for everything?
3)I have a Workgroup LAN (But there is a windows server 2016, but we are not in domain)
What should I do to have Confluence in http://mywikiname.com ? is it possible?
If I have other question I will append to this discussion