Good afternoon,
I am trying to upgrade my Confluence test instance from version 6.6.2 to version 6.10.1 and get the following error log with the following details:
In screen "Upgrade Check List [Form]", property "Pre-activation expression":
java.lang.NullPointerException
at com.install4j.runtime.beans.styles.FormStyle.visitControlButtons(FormStyle.java:184)
at com.install4j.runtime.beans.styles.FormStyle.setControlButtonText(FormStyle.java:111)
at com.install4j.runtime.installer.frontend.ScreenEnvelope.setControlButtonText(ScreenEnvelope.java:254)
at com.install4j.runtime.installer.frontend.WizardScreenExecutor.setControlButtonText(WizardScreenExecutor.java:104)
at com.install4j.runtime.installer.frontend.WizardScreenExecutor.setNextButtonText(WizardScreenExecutor.java:170)
at com.install4j.script.I4jScript_Internal_232.eval(I4jScript_Internal_232.java:1)
at com.install4j.script.I4jScript_Internal_232.evaluate(I4jScript_Internal_232.java:*24)
at com.install4j.runtime.installer.helper.Script.evaluate(Script.java:33)
at com.install4j.runtime.installer.ContextImpl.runScript(ContextImpl.java:201)
at com.install4j.runtime.installer.ContextImpl.runScript(ContextImpl.java:195)
at com.install4j.runtime.installer.ContextImpl.runBooleanScript(ContextImpl.java:57)
at com.install4j.runtime.installer.ContextImpl.runBooleanScript(ContextImpl.java:234)
at com.install4j.runtime.installer.frontend.ScreenEnvelope.activate(ScreenEnvelope.java:157)
at com.install4j.runtime.wizard.WizardBase.setScreen(WizardBase.java:121)
at com.install4j.runtime.installer.frontend.WizardScreenExecutor.execute(WizardScreenExecutor.java:293)
at com.install4j.runtime.installer.controller.Controller$1.run(Controller.java:147)
at java.awt.event.InvocationEvent.dispatch(InvocationEvent.java:311)
at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEventImpl(EventQueue.java:758)
at java.awt.EventQueue.access$500(EventQueue.java:97)
at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(EventQueue.java:709)
at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(EventQueue.java:703)
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
at java.security.ProtectionDomain$JavaSecurityAccessImpl.doIntersectionPrivilege(ProtectionDomain.java:80)
at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(EventQueue.java:728)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(EventDispatchThread.java:205)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(EventDispatchThread.java:116)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(EventDispatchThread.java:105)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:101)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:93)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(EventDispatchThread.java:82)
I have Confluence running as a Windows Service. One thing I noticed when running the upgrade from the installer, it does not update the Confluence Windows Service to point the executable to tomcat9.exe so I had to run the service.bat remove and install commands.
I have uploaded the logs from my home and installation directories here:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/2hdnwcqbvb2484t/Logs.zip?dl=0
if someone can assist with troubleshooting this issue.
Thank you!