I am trying to uninstall an older Jira before I install the current version since I did not get to use the older version anyway (v7.7.1)
I am not a Linux person by trade. I followed the instructions at https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver071/uninstalling-jira-applications-from-linux-802592174.html and get this:
root@server [/opt/atlassian/jira]# ls -a./ conf/ jre/ NOTICE tomcat-docs/../ external-source/ lib/ README.html uninstall*atlassian-jira/ .install4j/ licenses/ README.txt webapps/bin/ install.reg logs/ temp/ work/root@server [/opt/atlassian/jira]# uninstall-bash: uninstall: command not found
The uninstall* word in the directory is a bright green for some reason.
@Shirley Shorterif you want to uninstall older version in order to use a new version why not simply upgrading older version to current?
https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver/upgrading-jira-applications-938846936.html#
Yes that is possible except I never complered the install so an upgrade might not come out clean
I did not use the upgrade method because I used the default database in the installation.I want my production version to use postgreSQL.The upgrade only works if you are using the same database.
I followed the advice on another thread about uninstall in Ubuntu (mine is CentOS)and deleted the installed directories:
sudo service jira stoprm -rf /opt/atlassian/jirarm -rf /root/jirarm -rf /var/atlassianrm -rf /var/spool/mail/jira
I also deleted a few JIRA web directories in my /home-->but DO NOT delete the /home/virtfs files!!!
Looking back,The uninstall did not run for me initially -I could have tried running with "./uninstall"(I just typed "uninstall")If that did not work, I could have tried chmod to give it executable permissions
root@jira-test:/opt/atlassian/jira# uninstalluninstall: command not foundroot@jira-test:/opt/atlassian/jira# ./uninstallBefore continuing, please ensure you have exported your data via Jira Software 8.6.1 Administration section.Are you ready to completely remove Jira Software 8.6.1 and all of its components?Yes [y, Enter], No [n]yUninstalling Jira Software 8.6.1 ...Jira Software 8.6.1 was successfully removed from your computer.Finishing uninstallation ...root@jira-test:/opt/atlassian/jira#
If you get the error:
The following default options cannot be used. You will be asked to provide alternatives for these options.* Home Directory (Existing home directory)Default location for Jira Software data[/var/atlassian/application-data/jira]
exit installer and run this command:
root@jira-test:/var# rm -r atlassian
re-run installer:
root@jira-test:/opt/jira-source# chmod a+x atlassian-jira-software-8.6.1-x64.binroot@jira-test:/opt/jira-source# sudo ./atlassian-jira-software-8.6.1-x64.bin
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.