The technologies and tools that I decided to use are:
- Cloud computing: Google Cloud Platform
- SO: Debian
- Docker
- Web server: Apache Server
- DBMS: PostgreSQL
- App: Jira Server
My idea is to run a single instance of Jira for the moment in Docker but have everything ready in case I need to run more instances later.
I would like to clear up some doubts.
- Is Apache Server or Nginx better for Jira?
- In which cases would we use several instances of Jira?
- Do I have to mount the docker container in a VM using Compute Engine, or is it convenient to use Kubernetes Engine? Why? Which would be more efficient according to the number of instances Jira.
- The web server, dbms and the app have to go in the same docker or in a different one?
- PostgreSQL I need to run in the same docker as Jira, in a docker different from Jira or in CloudSQL? Why and what would be more efficient?
- In the same domain or base url, I want to have wordpress and jira server. Basically, how should the dockers structure be?
- Any link or tutorial that recommend to create dockers in a generic way?