I have installed Bitbucket to be used for Visual Studio (2017) source control.
I am confused especially by one thing. When I create a repository in the Bitbucket cloud (website), as administrator, I can clone it to my local Pc (e.g. using Sourcetree for it) which asks a directory, e.g. e:\BitBucket\something. But after that I can't commit from Visual Studio; the commit option is not there. For that I first have to choose in VS File/Add to source control. This creates a directory .git en 2 files .gitattributes en .gitignore within my project directory. If I would delete those, source control is gone.
But I want to commit changes to the local (cloned) copy of my Bitbucket repository, which resides on another disk (like the mentioned e:\BitBucket\something). Now I have two local repo's and I don't want the one created in my project directory.
Is there any way to accomplish Visual Studio committing changes to a local repository of choice, and this one writing to the Bitbucket cloud repository it is cloned from?
Dick