I'm trying to do something as simple as create a project that will only allow specific users within groups to see that project. A lot of the online documentation refers to getting to the Project List and clicking the specific project, then finding the "People" section. I am currently using self hosted Jira 7.7.1 and there is no "People" section. There is a user and roles section, but nothing in the general documentation exists according to the instructions on how to do this.
I feel like something this basic should be a lot simpler than this. I would expect:
1. Create a Project
2. Allow only specific user groups to access that project.
3. Add users to user group allowed to see that project.
4. Sign in and see only the projects you are supposed to see.
I know that the permissions objects get very granular, and thats great, but is that at the expense of removing simplicity for things such as I described above?
Thanks,
Chris