We have our Jira service desk installed on the same server as our IIS server. Not wanting our users to have to worry about remembering port 8080, we setup a reverse proxy on IIS for servicedesk.domain.com. The URL Rewrite rule pattern is (.*) and it rewrites to http://servicedesk.domain.com:8080/{R:1}.
In our server.xml we have:
<Connector port="8080" maxThreads="150" minSpareThreads="25" connectionTimeout="20000" enableLookups="false"
maxHttpHeaderSize="8192" protocol="HTTP/1.1" useBodyEncodingForURI="true" redirectPort="8443"
acceptCount="100" disableUploadTimeout="true" proxyName="servicedesk.domain.com" proxyPort="80"
scheme="http"/>
The reverse proxy is working fine for many things, but it isn't working for the "Dashboards", "Projects", and "Issues" dropdowns on top. I tried Firefox, Chrome and IE. When I dug into it further I can see that clicking to get those dropdowns is calling out to http://servicedesk.domain.com/rest/api/1.0/menus/browse_link?inAdminMode=false&_=1532395899993 and the server is responding with a 404, not found error. If I paste that link directly into a browser without the port I get a 404 error, but if add the port 8080, I get the XML document as a response.
In the IIS log I see this. 10.1.1.20 is the IIS server and 10.2.4.42 is my client.
2018-07-24 02:21:09 10.1.1.20 GET /rest/api/1.0/menus/browse_link inAdminMode=false&_=1532395899993&X-ARR-CACHE-HIT=0&X-ARR-LOG-ID=b8d88073-9037-4234-9a96-fcac9d9d8763&SERVER-STATUS=404 80 - 10.2.4.42 Mozilla/5.0+(Windows+NT+10.0;+Win64;+x64)+AppleWebKit/537.36+(KHTML,+like+Gecko)+Chrome/67.0.3396.99+Safari/537.36 - 404 0 0 15
Has anyone seen anything like this? I have been staring at it a few hours now and am starting to go cross-eyed. Any help or suggestions would be much appreciated.