Working with Confluence 5.7.1. I have managed to kill a page through some recursive embedding (and/or my personal magnetic field). Regardless of the cause, the page is unreachable in the usual way. If I could find out the page ID, I could delete it and start over.
I've searched for a macro to display the ID. I found various discussions but none of them worked:
I tried building the macro on one of the pages (can't find that page again to link to it ... which is odd, was only just there a little while ago). Nevertheless, here's the macro - sorry I can't acknowledge the author:
## Macro title: pageid_edit
## Macro has a body: No
## Body processing: Use unprocessed macro body
## Output: Generates Wiki Markup
##
## This macro displays a View Page and Edit Page link
## for the space/page you specify. (These URL forms require
## a pageid, so this macro determines the pageid from the space/page.)
## Useful when a page won't display, or when you need to view or edit
## a large volume of pages (such as when you have a list of pages in
## a text file or Excel spreadsheet).
##
## Params:
## space: the space key
## page: the page title
## ----------------------------------------------------
#set ($wikibaseurl = "$action.getGlobalSettings().getBaseUrl()")
#if ($paramspace)
#set ($spacekey=${paramspace})
#end
#if ($parampage)
#set ($page=${parampage})
#end
#set ($pageid="{page-info:pageId|page=$spacekey:$page}")
[View $spacekey:$page|$wikibaseurl/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=$pageid] [Edit $spacekey:$page|$wikibaseurl/pages/editpage.action?pageId=$pageid]I don't think that code is valid in this version of Confluence. It doesn't work anyway. I've tried Macro Body in all its permutations (no macro body, escaped, unrendered, rendered) and they all display the same way (wrongly).
If I enter this:
{pageid:space=KAT|page="My Page"}then it does find the correct base URL but it simply displays last line of code in the macro with the addition of the parameters I entered like this:
[View spacekey:KAT:My Page http://ourbaseurl.com/page/viewpage.action?pageID=$pageID]
Can anyone help with this, please? I really need to delete that page before users start trying to read it and complain that Confluence is dying.