The default workflow that gets created when a Jira Service Desk project is created looks like this:
I cannot find any documentation beyond the general Jira material that relates to this workflow, and I am a little confused by it.
1. If the issue is bouncing between 'waiting for customer' and 'waiting for support' (which seems quite helpful as an indicator as to whom is expected to make the next move) then the 'escalated', 'in progress', and 'pending' statuses seem unclear as to who is responsible in that state.
2. If we really wanted to keep track of 'who is expected to respond next', wouldn't that really need to be a separate field from 'is the issue started, in progress, stuck, or complete'?
I really like the idea of being able to see who is due to make the next response (we are migrating from Zendesk, where this concept is quite useful) but I don't see how it makes sense alongside the other states.
Can someone help clarify (or stir up the mud)?
Cheers,
greg