I uninstalled Confluence unintentionally. I tried to reinstall it, but my backup is only of the database. How I can tell Confluence to use the database (which I re-imported) without starting all over?
Not sure if it will work but give it a try.
Where is the confluence.cfg.xml file located?
I can't find it, even with a search.
Just to confirm - your current setup has an external database and is not using the default database right ?
that is correct, Mariadb, installed on localhost
Hi Jake,
There is also data in the Confluence Home directory, notably atachments. If that's gone we can still recover the rest of the instance.
To get the rest of your data running in Confluence please:
Change the hibernate connection URL to point to your new database - the database name is the only entry you should have to change. This example is for PostgreSQL - your syntax will vary according to database type:
<property name="hibernate.connection.url">jdbc:postgresql://localhost:5432/databasename</property>
I look forward to hearing how this works for you.
Cheers,
Ann
I tried installing it fresh, letting it overwrite the database, and restoring the database from backup in place, but that doesn't seem to have made a difference (this is before everyone answered)
What happens now when you log in - it sees your restored database or it looks like a new installation?
Do you have any file system backups or automatic XML backups in Confluence_Home/backups? The latter can be imported into a new instance and restore everything but third party add-ons.
it thinks it's a new installation still. I must have screwed something up, because if I try to access the website, it comes up with the 'Load content: Example Site, Empty Site, Restore From Backup'. Clicking on any one of these gives me 'Set up step error'.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.