Hi,
What are the pros and cons using ContentService vs ContentEntityManager (including subclasses of ContentService or ContentEntityManager)? It seems like both can do the same, but they do it differently. One example:
Getting pages
- ContentService using builder pattern to create filter and then using a kind of pagination for getting the result
- ContentEntityManager using getter methods
Similar approach can be seen in creating pages.
I try to find some info on topic ContentService vs ContentEntityManager. I only find that the service classes are used in REST api, or that the managers are used for interaction with confluence, but nothing that could be taken as comparison of these classes.
Can someone shed some light on this topic?
NOTE: Some time ago I posted question with an answer suggesting to use ContentService instead of ContentEntityManager when managing content of Confluence. I replied to that answer why is that, but unfortunately no one responded. So I am creating new question hoping someone would answer this.
Thanks for answers/help!