Is there a way to restrict who can move issues from any issue type (task, epic, story, etc) to a specific issue type (bug)?
Hello,
Check out this previous post on this topic that offers up some workarounds:
Regards,Earl
Thanks Earl,
The suggested workaround works when you create a new issue but it seems that when you move a issue it doesn't run the validator defined in the workflow.
Any other suggestion?
Removing the users "Move issues" permission on the project would put a stop to this, but has the disadvantage of preventing the issue from being moved to another project if this is done regular.
Another Option could be to ScriptRunner, which has the ability to hide the move button with the Hide UI element built in function in ScriptRunner. You can set a condition that the button will be visible only for certain issue types, or possibly by user roles or group membership. Please see:
Unfortunately I can't remove "Move Issues" permissions or the "Move" button because the users use a lot this function.
I need to find a way to "block" the "next" button in the move issue screen if the "New Issue Type" selected is "Bug". I'm trying to use ScriptRunner but not sure how to specify that it should run only when moving issues.
Hello all,
I've had the similar issue. I needed who can move certain issue types and who can create certain issue types.
I found nothing better than https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1211968/issue-type-filters-and-security?hosting=server&tab=overview
Hope that works.
Did any one found solution for this one not from the market place ?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.