Hello!
We're running JIRA Core 7.6.0. Attachment size is the default 10MB.
When trying to attach files larger than 100KB, we are sporadically getting either "Internal Error" or "Could not save data from stream" errors. Doesn't matter the file type, and the same file can sometimes be attached fine but then a few minutes later throw one of these errors.
Servers were pointed to Java 8r162 and Java 8r172, no change.
This happens either in Firefox 52 or 60, or IE 11.
This is on Window 7 and Windows 2012 R2 Server.
In two of the environments we tested on, firewalls and reverse proxies were not used, the machines accessing JIRA were all in the same enclave. I also don't think this would be an issue anyway since sometimes large files (about 9MB) can be attached if we're lucky.
What I've tried so far based on other posts with similar issues, none of which fixed the issue:
Deleted the mimeTypes.rdf
Reinstalled both Firefox and IE
Turned on logging for the attachment package and all the HTTP loggers but all I see are HTTP 500 errors when this happens, no other log entries.
Checked permissions and everything is good, even tried opening it to Everyone.
I've also tried having JIRA point to a local folder since normally we use a symbolic link to a file share, but it doesn't matter.
The only thing I can possibly find in the HTTP dump log is that each time I try to attach a file, whether it works or not, interspersed in the HTTP messages is a JSON object and the final entry has an error on field __I18N__ saying "You don't have permissions to edit this field". Again, this happens whether the attachment works or not but maybe it's a threading issue sometimes causing an upload error? Probably just a red herring but that's the only thing other the 500 errors I can as an issue.
Would garbage collection or any other process be happening to interfere with this? I would think given the regular nature of our failure to attach, it wouldn't be GC unless it's running quite frequently.
Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have an HTTP dump log if needed.