I am looking for an option where I can assign specific checklist item to a specific user only. Taking a scenario in consideration where I need to provide access to "QA Complete" checklist item to a user who belongs to QA group whereas a developer should not see the option or the option is disabled.
HI @Rahul Ganjoo
Welcome to the community!
If i have understood correctly and the issues in "QA complete" status that you want to see user which belongs to QA group only then you can use the workflow properties ie jira.permission.*.
Please have a look at the below KB.
https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver073/workflow-properties-861253674.html
Hi @Rahul Ganjoo,
With the Smart Checklist add-on you can highlight a specific person or group using "@" sign or date following by the instructions https://railsware.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/CHK/pages/111843630/Highlight+person+or+date
Smart Checklist doesn't support person selection from the list (yet) and the task will not be locked to only this user. So everyone who has the Edit Issue permission will be able to mark item as completed.
Hope this helps.
Pavel Pavlovsky
Smart Checklist PdM
Hi @Yogesh Mude,
Thanks for your prompt reply. Your answer points to a workflow property through which I can manage access to certain transitions in the workflow itself. But, I am looking for a way through which I can manage access on Smart Checklist add-on items. In other words, I want to know if there is a provision in Smart Checklist through which I can restrict certain users from accessing specific Items in the checklist. Kindly suggest.
Hi @Pavel Pavlovsky _Railsware_,
Thanks for your reply. This clears it out. So, basically there is no way as of yet in Smart Checklist through which a specific Smart Checklist item can be restricted / allowed to a user.
The best that we can do is to mention a person's name in the checklist step and highlight it.
Hope my understanding is correct.
Yes, totally right.
Thanks,
Pavel
Thanks Pavel. I appreciate that.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.