Hi,
My knowledge of scripting is very limited. I've been doing mostly configurations and automations in our JIRA based on pre-built functions or JQL.
I am looking to populate the summary field for a certain request type with some static text + values from two custom fields.
Its a form for "Create New Employee". I dont want the users input on the summary, I want it standardized. Today i've just hidden the summary and preset the value to "Create New Employee".
Since we are growing quite a bit, it can now be problematic to have a bunch of requests with the summary "Create New Employee without knowing which one is for which user.
Therefore I would like to also populate the summary with the custom field "Name" and custom field "Surname" as well as the static text so the summary after creation will be "Create New Employee - name + surname".
I've searched around, but most of the answers just states that you can use Scriptrunner / Behaviours for that, but no mention on how to do it.
I tried to understand it, but it just doesnt makes sense to me.
Can anyone help me with a groovy script for this so I can create a behaviour for this. It would also be incredibly helpful with some "help comments" on each step so that I can try to understand and learn why you're doing this or that, so maybe I can learn how to do this myself in the future.
Thanks!