I have a single Confluence account with a Dozen groups each group with their own admins+users. The problem I'm having is that none of the admins for each group are able to add/invite users to the group. Spent 2 hrs monkeying around and still not able to figure it out.
Hello,
Are you on confluence cloud or server?
Are those groups local or external? If external, for example LDAP, then it comes down to how your sync is setup, either read only, meaning can only add users to group from LDAP, read only with local groups, so you can also add LDAP users to local confluence groups, and read write, so you can add users to groups from Confluence side. Jira Crowd is similar but only read only and read write option.
Regards
Igor
I’m using the cloud service. I’ve added my admin user to the groups also gave all permissions possible and they are yet able to invite or add users. See screenshots..
Hello, @Moses Feliz
I'm not sure I understand what you mean. You can not give someone rights over a group membership management by adding them to that group. For a user to be able to edit group membership, he needs to have a site-admin level permission, as described in Manage groups and Permissions and Restrictions.
Also, I do not see any screenshots, can you please re-upload them?
Regards,
Hi Igor, I have several users with Admin roles as you can see on the screenshot yet none are able to add users. What am I missing?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.