I am running jira on an azure ubuntu instance.
I recently changed the DNS on our jira instance. Before changing the DNS it was complaining that two instances of jira were running.
Setup: The jira.home directory is locked
The jira.home directory /var/atlassian/application-data/jira is locked by another running instance of JIRA. Your jira.home directory can only be used by one running JIRA instance.
Review our documentation for more information on setting your JIRA home.
After changing it, it says : 104.46.xx.yy refused to connect. This is when I enter http://104.46.xx.yy:8080/.
I tried a reboot and an upgrade, interesting to note during the upgrade:
insserv: warning: script 'K01jira1' missing LSB tags and overrides
insserv: warning: script 'K01jira2' missing LSB tags and overrides
insserv: warning: script 'jira1' missing LSB tags and overrides
insserv: warning: script 'jira2' missing LSB tags and overrides
insserv: warning: script 'K01jira1' missing LSB tags and overrides
insserv: warning: script 'K01jira2' missing LSB tags and overrides
insserv: warning: script 'jira1' missing LSB tags and overrides
insserv: warning: script 'jira2' missing LSB tags and overrides
It appears jira is running:
jira@jira:~$ ps aux | grep jira
jira2 1448 0.7 33.8 3025812 1190480 ? Sl 12:32 4:18 /opt/atlassian/jira/jre//bin/java -Djava.util.logging.config.file=/opt/atlassian/jira/conf/logging.properties -Djava.util.logging.manager=org.apache.juli.ClassLoaderLogManager -Xms384m -Xmx768m -Djava.awt.headless=true -Datlassian.standalone=JIRA -Dorg.apache.jasper.runtime.BodyContentImpl.LIMIT_BUFFER=true -Dmail.mime.decodeparameters=true -Dorg.dom4j.factory=com.atlassian.core.xml.InterningDocumentFactory -XX:-OmitStackTraceInFastThrow -Datlassian.plugins.startup.options= -Djdk.tls.ephemeralDHKeySize=2048 -Djava.protocol.handler.pkgs=org.apache.catalina.webresources -Xloggc:/opt/atlassian/jira/logs/atlassian-jira-gc-%t.log -XX:+UseGCLogFileRotation -XX:NumberOfGCLogFiles=5 -XX:GCLogFileSize=20M -XX:+PrintGCDetails -XX:+PrintGCDateStamps -XX:+PrintGCTimeStamps -XX:+PrintGCCause -classpath /opt/atlassian/jira/bin/bootstrap.jar:/opt/atlassian/jira/bin/tomcat-juli.jar -Dcatalina.base=/opt/atlassian/jira -Dcatalina.home=/opt/atlassian/jira -Djava.io.tmpdir=/opt/atlassian/jira/temp org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap start
root 6033 0.0 0.1 92832 4396 ? Ss 21:41 0:00 sshd: jira [priv]
jira 6038 0.0 0.1 36800 3752 ? Ss 21:41 0:00 /lib/systemd/systemd --user
jira 6045 0.0 0.0 61276 2000 ? S 21:41 0:00 (sd-pam)
jira 6100 0.0 0.0 92832 2384 ? S 21:41 0:00 sshd: jira@pts/0
jira 6102 0.0 0.1 12932 4276 pts/0 Ss 21:41 0:00 -bash
jira 10345 0.0 0.0 27636 1432 pts/0 R+ 21:59 0:00 ps aux
jira 10346 0.0 0.0 12944 1012 pts/0 S+ 21:59 0:00 grep --color=auto jira
I installed ubuntu desktop and tried 127.0.0.1:8080 in firefox. It didn't work :-(
Was I meant to reconfigure it after changing the DNS? Is there a way to manually start jira or test it locally on ubuntu that I will know whether or not it is working?