Is it possible to identify when the same user transitions through multiple steps within a workflow? For instance if the work flow has a progress of todo -> in progress -> testing -> done. I would like to know if the same user transitioned the issue from "in progress" to "testing" to "done"; which would break our workflow.
Thanks in advance.
Hi @Jarrod_Retzloff,
never tried that before, but maybe the changed-Operator might help:
https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirasoftwarecloud/advanced-searching-operators-reference-764478341.html
for example something like this (I did not test this)
status CHANGED FROM "Open" TO "In Progress" by USERNAME and status CHANGED FROM "In Progress" TO "Done" by USERNAME
If you have Scriptrunner installed you should be able to make an condition so it is not possible for the same person to transtion to the next step if he transtioned the last one.
Thanks @Bastian Stehmann, I appreciate it. I think this is a good first step, however it seems like I would still need a condition to be applied to flag issues where it was indeed the same user. Ideally, only issues where it was the same user would be returned.
Thanks @Philipp Tauber, Do you know if it would also be possible with Script Runner to execute a condition on a JQL result? i.e. Referring to @Bastian Stehmann solution and then execute a condition on the result to provide only those issues where it was the same user who transitioned the status?
My initial thought was to restrict that action entirly.
So you wouldn't have to look for issues where it has happened.
But you want to search for such issues and then....?
@Philipp Tauber that is a fair question. Is it easier to block the same person from transitioning?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.