Hello,
I have confluence hosted locally
currently the server base urls are:
localhost:8080 & http://machinename:8090
However I would like to change this to:
http://conf.usa.mycompanyname.com
When I click on update base url link and edit it to: http://conf.usa.mycompanyname.com then I cannot access confluence with new url (however I can access using localhost:8080)
I am following this document:
https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/configuring-the-server-base-url-148592.html
And it says I have to make change to server.xml file.
server.xml file.
Could someone advice if this is necessary? and will work?
Hi Dipesh,
do you make use of a reverse proxy when trying to access your confluence via the new base URL? If so, you have to add the proxy attributes mentioned in the document above to your Tomcat's connector so that Tomcat knows the application is running behind a proxy.
What error message do you get in the browser?
Hi Nic,
I don't get any error when updating my base URL. But when I try accessing using new URL the web-page says 'This page can't be displayed, Make sure the web address http://conf.usa.mycompanyname.com is correct'
Hi Patrice,
In confluence I have updated base url to:
I have changed my server.xml file as mentioned http://conf.usa.mycompanyname.com:8090
I tried changing path and proxy settings and now the confleunce don't work even with localhost (i have backup web.xml )
This is what my xml file looks like:
<Connector port="8090" connectionTimeout="20000" redirectPort="8443" maxThreads="48" minSpareThreads="10" enableLookups="false" acceptCount="10" debug="0" URIEncoding="UTF-8"protocol="org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11NioProtocol"/ proxyName="conf.usa.mycompanyname.com" proxyPort="8090" scheme="http">
<Engine name="Standalone" defaultHost="localhost" debug="0"><Host name="localhost" debug="0" appBase="webapps" unpackWARs="true" autoDeploy="false" startStopThreads="4"><Context path="/confluence" docBase="../confluence" debug="0" reloadable="false" useHttpOnly="true">
<Manager pathname=""/><Valve className="org.apache.catalina.valves.StuckThreadDetectionValve" threshold="60"/></Context><Context path="${confluence.context.path}/synchrony-proxy" docBase="../synchrony-proxy" debug="0" reloadable="false" useHttpOnly="true"><Valve className="org.apache.catalina.valves.StuckThreadDetectionValve" threshold="60"/></Context></Host></Engine>
I have edited this part: proxyName="conf.usa.mycompanyname.com" proxyPort="8090" scheme="http" and <Context path="/confluence" docBase="../confluence" debug="0" reloadable="false" useHttpOnly="true">
as far as I can see you don't use a context path in your URL but /confluence is configured. At first please add /confluence to your base URL and check if you can access your Confluence now. Maybe you have to update some settings on your proxy as well.
If you don't want to use a context path please follow How to change the Confluence context path. I suggest you try to access Confluence locally (without going over proxy) first and check if you can access Confluence. Next remove the context path as described in the article mentioned. Then update your base URL and server.xml (because of proxy settings). Of course also check the configuration in your proxy.
Hi Patrick,
If I do /confluence on my web-browser it does not work
If I remove /confluence from my server.xml file then it work (inc localhost) but the base URL dont work (http://conf.usa.mycompanyname.com)
<Context path="" docBase="../confluence" debug="0" reloadable="false" useHttpOnly="true">
My requirement is to have proxy as people would like to access this as http://conf.usa.mycompanyname.com
any other suggestion do let me know
How have you set up the server in your DNS servers?
Could you try (on your machine), "nslookup conf.usa.mycompanyname.com"?
DNS entry will be added letter on.
However, currently when I update base url to http://conf.usa.mycompanyname.com, then I cannot access confluence using new URL.
Is this not suppose to work locally without changing any DNS settings?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.