We've got many teams each with their own trello boards, at least a few dozen in total. Each of these boards has a unique workflow depending on the board. For example, our blog writers have a board with the columns 'ideas', 'researching', 'in progress', 'draft complete', 'ready for publication', 'published'. Its easy for them to create a new column in their workflow, just a couple of clicks.
However from what I can gather in JIRA Agile, I need to create new (global) issue statuses to represent each of these columns and then create a workflow using the new status's and then tie that workflow to the relevant issue type. This would mean creating hundreds of new issue status's and a huge amount of work to replicate the workflow of each board. In addition a team member cannot easily just add a new column 'issue status' from the board. What am I missing?