Hi,
I need to upgrade my confluence from 5.10.4 on Linux.
My confluence has installed with the file *.TAR.GZ.Which upgrade file should I download? *.TAR.GZ or *.bin?
Hi @James Liu,
it doesn't matter what type of installation you used the first time, you can always use the .bin or .tar.gz file to perform an upgrade afterwards.
The difference is that the .bin file will prompt you for some settings that you would otherwise need to edit in the Confluence configuration files (like home directory, ports, user to run Jira, ...).
Let me know if this helps,
--Alexis
Hi, Alexis
If I use .tar.gz file, I can not find the document to tell me how to upgrade.
https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/upgrading-confluence-4578.html
Hello,
the documentation can be found here, when using the .tar.gz file you should refer to "upgrading manually" in the Atlassian documentation.
Hope this helps,
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.