Hi,
I am configuring a Jira system and am just wondering what is considered best practice for configuring permissions schemes and then project permissions. My plan is to create a permission scheme where all permissions are assigned to project roles. However, I'm pondering how to handle the case where permissions are layered, such that, for example, a Developer can do everything a User can plus a bit more. It seems there are two options:
1) Assign the same permissions to multiple roles (e.g. Developers, Users and Admins can Browse Project) then each user/group is a single role in a projcet
2) Assign each permission to the role level that gets that, then configure users and groups to multiple roles (e.g. Developer is the permission layer than starts to get Assignable User) and then each user/group in the project can be assigned to multiple roles (e.g. GroupA is a User and a Developer).
I'm thinking number 1 is probably the way forward, but would appreciate any guidance/advise.
Thanks!