Bitbucket allows me to watch a repo - either master branch or all branches. I cannot find options for watching selected branches only, or selected files within branches only.
Hi @Pamela Denchfield,
At the moment, when using Bitbucket Server or Data Center (self hosted by your company), it is only possible to choose between one of these two options:
- A commit is pushed to the repository on the default branch
- A commit is pushed to the repository on a non-default branch (this includes all non-default branches)
Specifying a specific branch or a file/folder within the branch is not possible.
Can you tell us in which workflow this feature would be helpful?
Cheers,
Caterina - Atlassian
Hi @Caterina Curti,
Thanks for your message. I'm sorry to hear that it's not possible to watch selected branches or files within repositories. This feature would be helpful when I need to be notified of changes to branches/files that I contribute to, but not every single branch/file in the repository. In my role as a writer, I want to watch for changes to several repositories - docs, tools, and code - and my needs per repo are unique. I want to be notified for changes to:
* docs repo: all files in select branches (master, my own) - BUT NOT the other 20-something branches.
* tools repo: all files in select branches (master and release) - BUT NOT the other branches.
* code repo: a single file in just the master branch - BUT NOT the other hundreds of files in master.
Please let me know when/if it's possible to accomplish these workflows with BitBucket.
Thanks!
Pamela
Thanks for sharing the details, I've found a suggestion in our issue tracker on this:
- BSERV-10787 - Add ability to watch multiple branches
As you can see, there are already some other customers interested and I invite you to join the conversation there as suggested by Imran.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.