Hi! I am admin but I can't change other user's Full name now.
When I Go to > Site administration I go to Administration
Why happen that?
Maria,
Why do you want to change names?
See attached image for more info. Go to user management, click to edit the user in question.
Victor
I need to change names because are incorrect. I can't see the option to edit
Try going to User management --> Groups --> select the name of user in the group --> edit user.
I tried to edit a user under User management --> User, and couldn't find edit button.
Hi Victor,
If I go to User management --> Groups --> select the name of user in the group --> User
Could you send me a image, please?
María
I found out i can't edit my own even though i'm a site admin. I think you'd need to contact atlassian support.
https://confluence.atlassian.com/cloud/blog/2018/06/say-goodbye-to-usernames-in-atlassian-cloud
Thank Victor!
You can't edit user names in Cloud because they aren't in Jira. Cloud uses google accounts, your active directory via SAML or Atlassian accounts.
For google accounts, you'd edit the name in google. For your AD, you'd edit the name in the directory. For Atlassian accounts, you do not own the account, the user does, and they can edit the account in their account. (It would be nonsense, and technically illegal, for you to be able to edit an Atlassian account name)
I want to edit full name, the name shown in Jira. Now, the name shown is the email
You need to change the name for the account in the directory that the account is in, not Jira.
I now understand why changing my Full Name works, but later on it reverts to the original name. It is because I sign in using Microsoft AD.
The problem is understood now. I think a fix can and should be done for this to allow all the users who use JIRA, regardless of how they sign in, to enjoy a similar experience.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.