When I load an issue and try to click on the EDIT or ASSIGN buttons (or try and change the status in the workflow, by clicking on the IN PROGRESS button) the screen darkens, I see the loading wheel spinning, but nothing happens. I have to escape to return to the issue screen. Occasionally, the problem doesn't manifest and I can EDIT or ASSIGN or change workflow without this problem, but there appears to be no logic to when this happens, and it is maybe a 1 in 20 occurence (that it works). Keyboard shortcuts result in the same problem.
I know there are other ways to e.g. edit parts of the issue (by clicking on the actual field I want to change) but this problem is a real pain, especially for the workflow status change.
I'm using the simplified software dev workflow, and only have 30 tickets in the DB so don't have a complicated or large volume JIRA project as we-re just setting it up. I'm also an administrator/superuser of the project so shouldn't have permission problems.
Thoughts, solutions, appreciated!
Tech note:
JIRA version 7.5.1
Viewing via Chrome 67.0.3396.99 64-bit on a Windows 10 (v1803) laptop.