Hey, I have two different JIRA projects I manage. I defined components for both of them, but I can only add a component to a ticket in one of the project. Is this a permissions issue? How can I add components to a ticket in both projects?
Thanks!
My guess is that the second project either has no components defined (talk to the project admins, they need to add some to the available list) or components are not on screen or are hidden in the field configuration screen (talk to the JIRA admins about getting it re-added)
Hey Nic , Thanks for your answer!
I am the project Admin. I have components configured for both projects. I can see the component field in the Details view of the ticket:
image2016-7-2 13:21:56.png
But I can not change it.
Ok, so if you have at least one component configured in the project, then the answer is that you don't have the component field on the "edit" screen for the issue type.
You'll need to ask your admins to add it to the screen.
Thanks!!!
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.