So I first installed Confluence via Docker using the latest build and a trial version. I wanted to make sure everything was good before I got the database set up.
Second, i scrapped the whole thing, setup a MySQL server and installed Confluence again (still in docker). At first setup, the wizard offered simple database setup where I could setup using the hostname, db name, user, password, port. The basic stuff.
Everything went perfect. But then I noticed the provided docker image is not using oracle JDK. I scrapped everything and followed the atlassian instructions on building my own docker using the proper oracle source.
However now when I the server starts and I access the setup, I'm not offered the basic database setup and I am forced to use a URL connection string. For whatever reason, I can't get that to work at all. (My url works on other clients though). I don't care too much to find out why the URL won't work; I spent enough time trying to figure that out.
What I would like is understand why I'm not getting the basic database setup anymore and possibly force that and get my installation to work finally.
Anybody has seen this before? Suggestions?