Hi,
we have an implementation of a custom crowd directory in Version 2.8.0. Our Jira 7.10.0 is linked with this crowd installation.
We updated now the implementation of the custom directory and the crowd server to version 3.2.0. We linked now our Jira to this server. The basic connection works. When we used the test function we got as a result an error: Uncaught exception thrown by REST service: null
In the crowd logfile I could see a complete stacktrace:
2018-07-09 19:41:17,625 http-nio-8095-exec-7 ERROR [common.error.jersey.ThrowableExceptionMapper] Uncaught exception thrown by REST service: null
java.lang.NullPointerException
at java.util.ArrayList.<init>(ArrayList.java:178)
at com.atlassian.crowd.plugin.rest.util.EntityTranslator.toMultiValuedAttributeEntityList(EntityTranslator.java:303)
at com.atlassian.crowd.plugin.rest.util.EntityTranslator.toUserEntity(EntityTranslator.java:89)
at com.atlassian.crowd.plugin.rest.util.UserEntityUtil.expandUser(UserEntityUtil.java:62)
at com.atlassian.crowd.plugin.rest.service.controller.UsersController.findUserByName(UsersController.java:74)
at com.atlassian.crowd.plugin.rest.service.resource.usermanagement.UsersResource.getUserEntity(UsersResource.java:105)
at com.atlassian.crowd.plugin.rest.service.resource.usermanagement.UsersResource.getUser(UsersResource.java:91)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:498)
at com.atlassian.plugins.rest.common.interceptor.impl.DispatchProviderHelper$ResponseOutInvoker$1.invoke(DispatchProviderHelper.java:192)
[…]
It seems that this has nothing to do with our custom implementation. The link configuration is exactly like the other connection to the older crowd server.
I couldn 't found any further information to this error.
Does anybody has information for me how I could fix this error?
Best regards
Michael