I am looking for all issues made for projects started with ABCD. I am familiar with SQL queries where you can work with "*" and "???".
What are the possibilities with JQL?
Thanks.
Besides the previous correct answers, you may also want to create a Project Category named ABCD and add all ABCD projects into it.
That way you'd be able to query issues from all ABCD projects at once with this simple JQL:
category = ABCD
I use
project = XOXO AND text~ABCD
successfully almost daily. I get a list of everything beginning with ABCD. It only works in the Advanced view and I strip out other filters, but that doesn't mean they won't work. I just don't want to confuse Jira.
I also sort by Summary if I have a relatively small set to scroll through.
Hi,
At this moment, there is no straightforward way to put a wildcard in the project name, like ABC* and have Jira look in both ABCD and ABCC projects. There might be an add-on that provides this functionality and I found feature request here regarding this.
As a workaround, you can create a JQL like
project in (ABCD, ABDD)
(make sure you specify all the projects)
And save it as a filter, named ABC* Then do a JQL like
filter = ABC* AND issuetype = Bug
This will show all bugs in projects ABCD and ABDD.
Claudiu
Claudiu mentioned that there may be a way via an add-on, and there is ... ScriptRunner offers a projectMatch() function that can be used like this:
projectMatch("^ABCD.*")
https://scriptrunner.adaptavist.com/latest/jira/jql-functions.html#_projectmatch_componentmatch_versionmatch
-Payne
Thanks so far. For now I will use category.
You can use this addon if you are using Jira server: https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1218367/jql-booster-pack?hosting=server&tab=overview
Some of examples:
• Find issues in projects that ther name starts with 'LATAM':
• Find issues in project that their name contains 'Academy':
• Find issues in projects that ther name ends with 'EMEA':
• Find issues in projects whose category starts with 'LATAM':
• Find issues in projects whose category contains 'Development':
• Find issues in projects whose category ends with 'EMEA':
Return all parent Epics with their underlying stories and tasks across all projects with all statuses except Done, close, closed.
Any ideas?
Doing searches over a group of projects with a certain prefix seems like really basic functionality... I'm a tad bit disapointed this is not possible (in a basic way)Any plans to include this in future updates?
How is this not possible just using a like clause?
Jira has in general a big lack of being able to add informations on project level and building JQL filters with it.
On Jira Server we have the app Metadata where we could add various informations to a project and build this informations into JQL.Unfortunately there is nothing similar available in the cloud..
A big large minus for the cloud!
This is so basic. I don't really understand what Atlassian product owners do when prioritizing things. I'm pretty sure they only focus on features the think will help drive revenue. Forget UCD or user needs. This UX and product team focus on Investor Needs.
By the way, here is what ChatGPT and Atlassian Unintelligence tells me to do...
project ~ "support"Clearly the models are not trained on Atlassian Community data. lol
Great, now how I can I find all of our projects with "Support" in the title so I can add the "Support" category to it. /s
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.