I am working on a Jira checklist plugin, I want to store the checklist data into Jira's DB. I have created the frontend, now I am stuck how to read and write those checklist data associated with the individual project.
Hi Atul, great question!
Actually, our team implemented a Jira checklist (Smart Checklist for Jira) which stores all data in Jira DB. You can check it out! It has both cloud and server versions!
Thank you for the quick response.
Actually, I tried it and its good too, but I want to learn how to create it. I am a student and want to explore in this field. Any kind of lead would help.
Thanks
Hey Atul,
You can use Jira Entity Properties to store the data
Check the documentation:
Cheers,
Pavel
Thanks, @Pavel Pavlovsky _Railsware_ it seems a good option
Atul
Hi Atul,
If you want to create a checklist, you should create a customfield and derive from a GenericTextCFType. Then you simply create whatever internal format you want as long as it's text based. JSON would be a good one but you can use XML, YAML, etc.
Start by following this tutorial:
https://developer.atlassian.com/server/jira/platform/creating-a-custom-field-type/
Then, you'll be able to store your data by issue.
Yves
Maker of Checklist for Jira
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.