Hello,
Hoping for a little help here as this one has me tearing my hair out (what little is left).
We're looking to use a mail handler to create issues on a specific project. The project in question is not a service desk project, although we do have one of those; checking in the list of projects I can confirm the type is set to Software. We're using Jira Cloud, not Jira Server.
I've linked the external address to Jira successfully (it tested successfully). I've also created a generic, dummy user within Jira to handle issue-raising for non-licensed users. So my settings are the below:
Server: [external server]
Handler: Create a new issue or add a comment to an existing issue
Folder name: -
Project: [project name]
Issue Type: [standard issue type]
Strip Quote: No
Catch Email Address: -
Bulk: Ignore and do nothing
Forward Email: -
Create users: No
Default Reporter: [Dummy account]
Notify Users: No
CC Assignee: No
CC Watchers: No
When I test this, it detects the message in the inbox, so it's connecting, but throws back the following:
'Cannot create issue due to invalid license: [Sorry, you can't create any issues right now, as you need to have access to a Jira application to be able to create issues. To gain application access you need to be a member of a group assigned to an application.]'
I've logged in as this dummy user within an incog window and confirmed it can create issues on the project in question; it's also clearly able to do so in our permission scheme, and it belongs to a group which grants access to the Jira Software application.
Can anyone shed any light on this?
Thanks!
[Edit: added in info around application access for clarity]