Hi,
Im using CentOS 7.
I installed JIRA from the .bin file
sudo mkdir /opt/atlassian
cd /opt/atlassian/
sudo wget https://downloads.atlassian.com/software/jira/downloads/atlassian-jira-software-7.9.2-x64.binsudo chmod +x atlassian-jira-software-7.9.2-x64.bin
sudo ./atlassian-jira-software-7.9.2-x64.bin
Im trying to setup HTTPS following this link
https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver073/running-jira-applications-over-ssl-or-https-861253906.html
I am trying to run config.sh
cd /opt/atlassian/jira/bin
./config.sh
I get the error
No JRE_HOME or JAVA_HOME environment variable is set - attempting to just run java command
*************************************************************************************************************************************
********** Wrong JVM version! You are running with .. but JIRA requires at least 1.8 to run. **********
*************************************************************************************************************************************
I have followed this
https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRASERVER-21502
JAVA_HOME=/opt/atlassian/jira/jre
Still get the above error.
Checked java version
# /opt/atlassian/jira/jre/bin/java -version
java version "1.8.0_102"
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_102-b14)
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 25.102-b14, mixed mode)
I followed this
https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRASERVER-43770
[root@JIRA-Server bin]# cd /opt/atlassian/jira/bin
[root@JIRA-Server bin]# ./setenv.sh
.....
.... .NMMMD. ...
.8MMM. $MMN,..~MMMO.
.?MMM. .MMM?.
OMMMMZ. .,NMMMN~
.IMMMMMM. .NMMMN. .MMMMMN,
,MMMMMM$..3MD..ZMMMMMM.
=NMMMMMM,. .,MMMMMMD.
.MMMMMMMM8MMMMMMM,
.ONMMMMMMMMMMZ.
,NMMMMMMM8.
.:,.$MMMMMMM
.IMMMM..NMMMMMD.
.8MMMMM: :NMMMMN.
.MMMMMM. .MMMMM~.
.MMMMMN .MMMMM?.
Atlassian JIRA
Version : 7.9.2
If you encounter issues starting or stopping JIRA, please see the Troubleshooting guide at http://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Installation+Troubleshooting+Guide
Server startup logs are located in /opt/atlassian/jira/logs/catalina.out
[root@JIRA-Server bin]# set
BASH=/bin/bash
BASHOPTS=checkwinsize:cmdhist:expand_aliases:extquote:force_fignore:histappend:hostcomplete:interactive_comments:login_shell:progcomp:promptvars:sourcepath
BASH_ALIASES=()
BASH_ARGC=()
BASH_ARGV=()
BASH_CMDS=()
BASH_LINENO=()
BASH_SOURCE=()
BASH_VERSINFO=([0]="4" [1]="2" [2]="46" [3]="2" [4]="release" [5]="x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu")
BASH_VERSION='4.2.46(2)-release'
COLUMNS=166
DIRSTACK=()
EUID=0
GROUPS=()
HISTCONTROL=ignoredups
HISTFILE=/root/.bash_history
HISTFILESIZE=1000
HISTSIZE=1000
HOME=/root
HOSTNAME=JIRA-Server
HOSTTYPE=x86_64
ID=0
IFS=$' \t\n'
JAVA_HOME=/opt/atlassian/jira/jre
LANG=en_GB.UTF-8
LESSOPEN='||/usr/bin/lesspipe.sh %s'
LINES=22
LOGNAME=root
LS_COLORS='rs=0:di=38;5;27:ln=38;5;51:mh=44;38;5;15:pi=40;38;5;11:so=38;5;13:do=38;5;5:bd=48;5;232;38;5;11:cd=48;5;232;38;5;3:or=48;5;232;38;5;9:mi=05;48;5;232;38;5;15:su=48;5;196;38;5;15:sg=48;5;11;38;5;16:ca=48;5;196;38;5;226:tw=48;5;10;38;5;16:ow=48;5;10;38;5;21:st=48;5;21;38;5;15:ex=38;5;34:*.tar=38;5;9:*.tgz=38;5;9:*.arc=38;5;9:*.arj=38;5;9:*.taz=38;5;9:*.lha=38;5;9:*.lz4=38;5;9:*.lzh=38;5;9:*.lzma=38;5;9:*.tlz=38;5;9:*.txz=38;5;9:*.tzo=38;5;9:*.t7z=38;5;9:*.zip=38;5;9:*.z=38;5;9:*.Z=38;5;9:*.dz=38;5;9:*.gz=38;5;9:*.lrz=38;5;9:*.lz=38;5;9:*.lzo=38;5;9:*.xz=38;5;9:*.bz2=38;5;9:*.bz=38;5;9:*.tbz=38;5;9:*.tbz2=38;5;9:*.tz=38;5;9:*.deb=38;5;9:*.rpm=38;5;9:*.jar=38;5;9:*.war=38;5;9:*.ear=38;5;9:*.sar=38;5;9:*.rar=38;5;9:*.alz=38;5;9:*.ace=38;5;9:*.zoo=38;5;9:*.cpio=38;5;9:*.7z=38;5;9:*.rz=38;5;9:*.cab=38;5;9:*.jpg=38;5;13:*.jpeg=38;5;13:*.gif=38;5;13:*.bmp=38;5;13:*.pbm=38;5;13:*.pgm=38;5;13:*.ppm=38;5;13:*.tga=38;5;13:*.xbm=38;5;13:*.xpm=38;5;13:*.tif=38;5;13:*.tiff=38;5;13:*.png=38;5;13:*.svg=38;5;13:*.svgz=38;5;13:*.mng=38;5;13:*.pcx=38;5;13:*.mov=38;5;13:*.mpg=38;5;13:*.mpeg=38;5;13:*.m2v=38;5;13:*.mkv=38;5;13:*.webm=38;5;13:*.ogm=38;5;13:*.mp4=38;5;13:*.m4v=38;5;13:*.mp4v=38;5;13:*.vob=38;5;13:*.qt=38;5;13:*.nuv=38;5;13:*.wmv=38;5;13:*.asf=38;5;13:*.rm=38;5;13:*.rmvb=38;5;13:*.flc=38;5;13:*.avi=38;5;13:*.fli=38;5;13:*.flv=38;5;13:*.gl=38;5;13:*.dl=38;5;13:*.xcf=38;5;13:*.xwd=38;5;13:*.yuv=38;5;13:*.cgm=38;5;13:*.emf=38;5;13:*.axv=38;5;13:*.anx=38;5;13:*.ogv=38;5;13:*.ogx=38;5;13:*.aac=38;5;45:*.au=38;5;45:*.flac=38;5;45:*.mid=38;5;45:*.midi=38;5;45:*.mka=38;5;45:*.mp3=38;5;45:*.mpc=38;5;45:*.ogg=38;5;45:*.ra=38;5;45:*.wav=38;5;45:*.axa=38;5;45:*.oga=38;5;45:*.spx=38;5;45:*.xspf=38;5;45:'
MACHTYPE=x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu
MAIL=/var/spool/mail/root
MAILCHECK=60
OLDPWD=/opt/atlassian/jira/bin
OPTERR=1
OPTIND=1
OSTYPE=linux-gnu
PATH=/usr/local/sbin:/sbin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/pgsql-9.4/bin:/root/bin
PIPESTATUS=([0]="0")
PPID=2452
PROMPT_COMMAND='printf "\033]0;%s@%s:%s\007" "${USER}" "${HOSTNAME%%.*}" "${PWD/#$HOME/~}"'
PS1='[\u@\h \W]\$ '
PS2='> '
PS4='+ '
PWD=/opt/atlassian/jira/bin
SHELL=/bin/bash
SHELLOPTS=braceexpand:emacs:hashall:histexpand:history:interactive-comments:monitor
SHLVL=1
SUDO_COMMAND=/bin/bash
SUDO_GID=0
SUDO_UID=0
SUDO_USER=root
TERM=xterm-256color
UID=0
USER=root
USERNAME=root
_=./setenv.sh
colors=/root/.dircolors
[root@JIRA-Server bin]# ./config.sh
No JRE_HOME or JAVA_HOME environment variable is set - attempting to just run java command
*************************************************************************************************************************************
********** Wrong JVM version! You are running with .. but JIRA requires at least 1.8 to run. **********
*************************************************************************************************************************************
My understanding from what I read is setenv.h should set some variables including JAVA_HOME. Note: from the above capture JAVA_HOME is set, but that was due to me setting it manually above as outlined. If I reboot, JAVA_HOME is not present. If I then run setenv.sh again JAVA_HOME is still not present, which I thought setenv.sh should be doing?
Im new to the Linux world, and im struggling to understand what is happening here.
Any help greatly appreciated.