Hi Atlassan,
I have one query.....is there any way for Re-arranging the tab menu in the system top navigation bar.i,e(Dashboard,Project,Issue,Administration)...can i Re-arrange these menu in my required order..
Please reply.....
Thanks in advance...
Hi,
check files:
atlassian-jira\WEB-INF\classes\templates\plugins\webfragments\system-navigation-bar.vm
atlassian-jira\WEB-INF\classes\templates\plugins\webfragments\system-admin-navigation-bar.vm
You can do it by editing some files in the core of Jira, but I doubt the effort of finding them, editing them and then maintaining the changes through upgrade is worth it.
hey thanks nic for reply....
can u please mention the file name where i can go and do changes to get the effects or else its hard to find particular file as jira contain huge collection of file .
thanks in advance....
I'll give my points to xrakan for getting them to you first.
Correct solution is edit system-top-navigation-plugin.xml file.
Find elements like
<web-item ... section="system.top.navigation.bar" ... weight="XXX">
and change weight value which defines an order.
hey thanks xrakan,,,,,,,grt help man.....its working f9.....thanks alot
Hey is there a way to freeze the top navigation bar so that when you scroll down its still there?
see my answer here - https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/279153/is-it-possible-to-fix-the-menu-bar-at-the-top-of-the-screen
There is no such files in Jira 7 - is that possible to do other way?
Correct, this is a seven year old question and is now irrelevant - I'd recommend asking a new one (although the answer is going to be "make an unsupported change to a properties file that will make your Jira less friendly to people who have used it before")
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.