I think I may have discovered an essential design flaw in JIRA.
If you try to host Test Cases, Inventory / Assets or other long term items in JIRA, you will face this problem.
* As a general rule we consider any ticket with Resolution NOT EMPTY as being actionable. That's essential to have a company wide simple filter for defiing actionable items.
* You don't need to action (do something) on active Test Case, so their default state should be one that have some kind of resolution set like "Resolution = Active".
* JIRA and Confluence will display all tickets with a resolution with a crossed line, which is missleading for all these type of actions.
How can we solve this problem? Clearly we do want to endup with a very complex set of fitlers .
Update: It seems that the newlu introduce category of the status (color) is more likely to be the better way to distinguish between active/actionable issues and non-actionabile ones.
Still, as far as I know there is no way to filter issues based on this.