Is there any way, as a Fish Eye admin, I can change user's Avatars?
Only a user can change his/her avatar. If you would like to see this improvement, I would suggest that you raise an issue on http://jira.atlassian.com in the FE project.
That's strange, because I'm a JIRA Admin (jira-adminstrators, jira-sysadmin, jira-developers) and I'm currently able to click on an Avatar in another User's profile and update it no problem. Standard jira-users do not have that ability.
As an administrator, you should be able to update the JIRA avatar for a user, but not the Confluence or FE avatar.
Hm... and why? It is possible to change any user avatar in JIRA (as Administrator) but not in Crucible... Again - why?? Same functionality...
Team,
Below are the improvement requests for these issues:
Kindly vote and feel free to comment.
Hover over the user's name in a text box until a window pops up. Click on the avatar. It will open the user's profile. Click again on the Avatar and you can change it (if you are an admin user).
If you're an admin, you can click on user management and a person's username, then click "log in as user", then update their profile image there.
Blairg23, I've just tried that and it doesn't work.
Which part doesn't work? Can you click on user management and a person's username and "log in as user" or is that option not available for your user privileges?
Unable to change the avatar while being logged in as the user.
As well as not being able to change a users avatar as an admin by 'hovering' over the users name. No popup comes up for me.
I just checked by performing this action. Once you've logged into a user, you'll see their avatar in the upper right corner. If you click on that and go to "Profile", you'll see the avatar again and the word "Avatar". If you click on that default avatar, it'll give you the option to change to another one or pick a file to use as the avatar.
Sorry I should clarify, this is how you change the Atlassian account (JIRA/Confluence), but it should also affect the Fish Eye account.
Here is my screencast of what I'm doing: https://screencast.com/t/bTYabCBo6JgT
this is in the JIRA application, I really don't understand what this 'Fish Eye' account is but this is the new JIRA Software instance I've just created last week.
I think Fish Eye is another product by Atlassian. I was confused and thought you were the OP. In a normal JIRA/Confluence admin situation, the workflow is exactly as I explained. However, as you'll see in this screencast, you and I are performing the exact same task, so it's not quite clear why you aren't experiencing the same functionality. It seems like a bug, but perhaps there are some privileges you are missing. Are you the super admin or is there another admin that oversees your account?
https://www.screencast.com/t/Inv7ScaB
Side note: Ironically, I had to change accounts to post this comment because I didn't have enough points to make more than 2 comments in 24 hours... way to go Atlassian. Bugs abound.
You can log in as the user from the "User Management" screen and change their avatar there.
Trying this now and it doesn't work. The avatar is unclickable. In fact, when I do it in confluence, I click the user's avatar and it goes to edit my avatar.
I'm experience the same issue. A couple weeks ago when I originally set up a number of users I was able to "log in as user" and change their avatar, however now when I try the exact same steps there is no option to edit their avatar.
There is a note under Password in the Account Details that says "You may not change the Atlassian account details of a user while impersonating them." Do you think changing a user's avatar was recently taken away when logged in as a user?
What I've learned is this is because the enabled SSO setting has been enabled. When that is enabled it appears to disable the ability, as the admin, to update others profile avatar.
Sorry, very new to JIRA, what is SSO? Single sign on? How do I disable this, even temporarily, so I can set this user's avatar?
Yes Sigle sign-on. Not sure of how to disable.
I just tried this as well and it did not work.
I logged in as the user
I went to that users profile page
I clicked on current default profile
- Nothing happened
Expected to be able to change the users profile image.
Once you "log in as" you are unable to click on their avatar in their profile to change it. I just tried.
Doesn't work as Site Admin, or at all.
Could the problem between those who can make it work and those who can't be associated with old and next-gen projects in Jira?
I'm the Site Admin in Jira and I'm unable to update any user account profile photos / avatars despite being able to login as the user as Site Admin.
Very frustrating. Any views?
On Jira, I opened the user public profile while having administrator privileges active, I was able to click on the avatar to change it like described. Thanks
Having the same issue
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.