I am following Django For Beginners and attempting to complete the chapter two exercise, part of which is setting up and loading my project to Bitbucket. I can't get it to work, I've tried several different things, researched other issues and can't make it happen. Any help, advice and/or assistance will be greatly appreciated. Here's what the book instructs me to do and what I get:
PS C:\helloworld> git remote add origin https://username@bitbucket.org/username/hello-world.gitfatal: remote origin already exists.PS C:\helloworld> git push -u origin masterremote: Not Foundfatal: repository 'https://username@bitbucket.org/username/hello-world.git\/' not foundPS C:\helloworld>
Hi Steven,
Welcome to the Atlassian Community.
Have you created the repository in Bitbucket?
Hi Mikael!
I'm editing my response from earlier. Upon further examination, I still don't think I have properly uploaded my project to Bitbucket. All I seem to have in the repository is a README.md document. I am adding another image to this reply. Thank you again for your help!
Steve
Thank you VERY MUCH for your quick response!
Yes, I've attached a screen image.
Could you open the hello-world repository. There must be a command with the correct origin url.
Okay, so try and update the URL. In Bitbucket click into your repository, click Clone and copy the URL. Then from within your repository locally run this command:
git remote set-url origin <URL copied from Bitbucket>
You can then run
git remote -v
Verify that the URL looks correct.
Thank you Mikael!
I think that did it!
Here's a screen shot of the Download repository:
Hello Alexey!
I have attached a screen print image of the hello-world repository. All that is in there is README.md.
Your advice will be greatly appreciated!
Thanks!
On your local machine inside the repository, run
Verify that the URL looks correct. You can always click on Clone in Bitbucket and copy the URL from there and change it on your local repository by running
Also, make sure you have committed your local changes to the repository by running
git status
If all your changes are committed it should say something like this
$ git statusOn branch bugfix/CR-234-fixing-somthingYour branch is ahead of 'origin/bugfix/CR-234-fixing-somthing' by 2 commits. (use "git push" to publish your local commits)nothing to commit, working tree clean
In the example above my local copy of the branch has two commits that have not yet been pushed to Bitbucket.
Thank you, again.
This is what I get after running git status:On branch masterUntracked files: (use "git add <file>..." to include in what will be committed) hello-world/nothing added to commit but untracked files present (use "git add" to track)
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.