When I try to assign a task to a user, the user does not appear in the Assignee drop down and when I type the username in the assignee field Jira says "no matches".
My current setup is follows:
- I have created a new "users" group called "company-users" and I have added all internal employees to it
- I have also created a new "external users" group and added a specific user to that group who is an external contractor.
- I have updated all the confluence spaces so that company-users have access to them all and external user has access to only one confluence space. Then I have removed all users from the "user" group.
Solutions?
I believe I need to create a new permission schema (which I know how to do) and then assign a project to that schema. Is this correct? I tried this today and immediately after I assigned a project to the newly created permission scheme that project became invisible to the currently logged in user, who was the SysAdmin. How do I set up Jira so that existing tasks that are currently assigned to a company-user are assignable to the external contractor user?